Well Child Checks and Sports Physicals
Updated: Aug 16, 2021
With the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have had many patients cancel routine visits for well child checks, vaccinations, and sports physicals. We cannot stress the importance of keeping up with routine and preventive healthcare for your child, especially in this time. Many kids are experiencing distress with such an abrupt change in their routine, social lives and "normalcy". Scheduling a visit with your pediatrician can help to navigate this trying time and offer coping techniques and suggestions if needed, and often just reassurance - for the kids and parents! Our summer months are typically very busy as kids prepare to return to school, and we expect that this summer will be even busier given the delay of care we have seen. If your child is due for a well child exam, vaccines or sports physical, please call our office to schedule today to avoid the summer rush.
Our office staff is committed to providing quality care to our patients and meeting their health-care needs in the best and safest way possible. Please rest assured that we are going above and beyond to keep our patients, families and staff healthy and safe, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic:
* We continue to follow CDC guidelines, as well as federal and state recommendations for practicing safe social distancing.
* You will find our office staff wearing masks and protective gear to protect both your health and ours.
* Our staff has taken over cleaning duties to ensure that our office is maintained to our standards, and are doing an amazing job sanitizing exam rooms after each visit.
* We have dedicated exam rooms and entrance/exit for babies under the age of 2 years, as well as well and sick exam rooms.
* We ask that only one parent/caregiver accompany patients to the office. We are happy to have the other parent join the appointment via speaker phone or Facetime if they desire.
* We are screening all sick visits prior to arriving at the office, providing masks upon entry to the office, and using separate entrance/exits for sick visits.
* All families call upon arrival to the office and are escorted in when a room is ready, rather than waiting in the waiting room, and visits are well spaced to facilitate social distancing.
* Copays (if applicable) will be taken over the phone when you call to announce your arrival, and follow up appointments made via telephone to avoid needing to check out after the appointment.